- Why did you start CrossFit?
I started CrossFit because I want to look and be strong and keep up with my kids.
- How has CrossFit changed your life?
CrossFit hasn’t changed my life, but has allowed me to pursue challenging athleticism in a way that fits my schedule of wife, mom to 3 and full time X-ray tech.
- What are some of the goals you have?
Some goals I have are doing kipping pullups, raising my kids to be good people, and honoring God as I support my husband Chris in all the ways a faithful wife can.
- What is your perfect workout?
My perfect workout is an all day mountain bike ride in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah.Challenging, risky, technical, exhausting and full of adrenaline.
- What would you tell somebody just starting out or thinking about starting out?
Someone who is thinking about starting CrossFit, I would tell to get their butt out there and feel some pain. Feeling pain is good for the soul and gets us out of the status quo. It gives of something to work at and helps us be strong and not weak and frail.
- What is your previous fitness background?
My previous fitness background was full of mountain biking, snow skiing, water skiing, backpacking, camping, weightlifting, and football.
- What do you like most about CrossFit and what do you like about Bios?
What I like most about CrossFit is that it’s new and exciting twist on traditional weight lifting. What I like about Bios is that I can make the classes after work and I can bring my kids if I need to.
- What is something that is interesting that people don’t know about you?
Something interesting that most people don’t know about me is rode my bicycle from San Diego, Ca to St Augustine, Fl in 9 weeks before cell phones were a thing.
- What motivates and/or inspires you?
The thing that motivates me to be athletic and strong is that I’m a type 1 diabetic and I don’t want it’s possible complications to screw up my life.