(For those 50-80 years young. Our focus is on movement, stability, strength and increasing mobility)
As you grow older, an active lifestyle is more important than ever. Regular exercise can help boost energy, maintain your independence, and manage symptoms of illness or pain. Exercise can even reverse some of the symptoms of aging.
Why get your parents and your parent’s friends involved in CrossFit Bios’ LEGENDS program? Here are some reasons…
The time is now.
This is when it matters.
This is when you need fitness the most.
– We use general CrossFit programming principles, but we modify things a great deal to suit the needs and limitation of each athlete.
– We spend time with thorough warm-ups and mobility exercises.
– We keep intensity at manageable levels. We definitely want you to work hard, but aren’t here to push you to the red line. We want to get your heart rate up at a good, safe relative intensity.
– We use functional movements that will carry over to real life. Deadlifts, pushing, pulling, squats, and carrying objects. These all transfer to better function in day to day activities.
– We tend to stay away from the technical weightlifting movements that we do in our other CrossFit classes.
– We often incorporate fun “Brain WOD’s”, cognitive tests, puzzles, memorization, and other tools to improve and maintain healthy brain function.
– We have the option of working with a local physical therapist to address/correct individual limitation and help with corrective movements that we can use in class.