1. What brought you to CrossFit in the first place? A friend of mine (David Huerta) was telling me about it and he finally convinced me to go.
2. What was your first impression? How has that changed? My first impression was both good and bad. I instantly knew that CrossFit was what I needed but I also couldn’t believe how out of shape I was. I still struggle at times with my progress but I can’t imagine not doing CrossFit. It HAS changed my notion of what being fit is. It HAS changed my life.
3. What was your first PR? (Or what has stood out the most).
My first unassisted pull-up. I have always wanted to be a master of my own body weight and to pull myself up is just the beginning of being able to do that
4. What are you working on now? I still work on pull ups and shoulder mobility. I also love snatches. It’s such a complex movement but so powerful.
5. What’s your favorite Bios memory? Way too many to list. Every successful lift is a step towards a goal. Every unsuccessful lift teaches me that I still have a long way to go.
When I started, I couldn’t run 400m. I couldn’t do a pull-up or squat past parallel. I’m doing things now I never thought I would do. I could never go back to a traditional gym. As long as BIOS is around, I’ll be in there chalking up and ready to lift, run, and make myself better then yesterday.