1. What made you Start CrossFit?
I was out of shape and enjoyed my beer and cookies to much. We just moved into the area and thought CrossFit would be a good way to meet new people.
2. How has CrossFit changed your life? Now I know what being fit actually means, thought I was fit before but after 18 months doing CrossFit my perspective has really changed. I could still be a lot fitter too if I had a chance to come in more.
3. What are some of the goals you have? To be able to complete all WODs if they have challenging movements, I hated it during the open if I couldn’t RX because I couldn’t do kipping pull ups or DU even if I don’t have the best time I still want to complete all WODs.
4. What is your perfect workout?
I love anything cardio and running. Despite never really being really strong I’ve actually started to enjoy squat cleans.
5. What would you tell somebody just starting out or thinking about starting out? Give it a go, you can always scale and the Environment is really encouraging and welcoming. And you get hooked!
6. What is your previous fitness background?
Always played soccer, rugby and running. Used to go to the gym for weights previously but always enjoyed fast cardio sports.
7. What do you like most about CrossFit and what do you like about Bios?
The coaches are awesome! The people I’ve met here have also become friends. This sport pushes and test your limits like nothing I’ve ever done before. I couldn’t join a normal gym now after being at Bios. There’s no drama or ego here, people push and encourage you which is pretty special.
8. What is something that is something interesting that people don’t know about you?
I traveled the world teaching scuba diving and I used to be a lead singer in a band.
9. What motivates and/or inspires you?
I’m really competitive, so having fun competition with the others pushes me. I’m always looking to push myself and do something I’ve never done before. CrossFit will humble you constantly but every now and again you will achieve something cool during a WOD or learn a movement which is pretty special.
10. You favorite holiday tradition!? Christmas, we just started new family traditions such as fun runs on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but love decorating house and going to holiday festivals with little fella.